Hello all,
Things continue to be busy here and deadlines/decisions are to be made. Between trying to decide what is to happen for next year, trying to stay sane this year, and continuing to try to get through my course...all while making sure all is set when Mom and Seb come in the next 2 weeks...it's starting to affect me. Unfortunately, yet again, my blog has gone on the back-burner and will be void of detail...and for that, I am sorry. [Although I do know some people will be pleased to have shorter entries to read instead of my long novels...and yes, I mean you, Mark ;) ]
The students who were disrespectful last week (telling me to "f-off" and drop-kick me) were dealt with to some degree...the first was removed from my lesson on Monday - although she didn't end up doing any work. The other was switched from his math class to become part of Martin's group and made to apologize to me - for which he was very sorry.
As for the rest of my week, I received a surprise phone call from Dad on Wednesday morning, wishing me "Happy St. Patrick's Day" which set my day off well...especially as I got instantly ill after breakfast and ended up having a day off of work :D. Don't worry, all is well...I think it was the sub I had the night before.
I was, however, disappointed to see that in a pub-filled place like England, St. Patty's Day festivities were nowhere to be seen! SHOCKING!!! (okay, maybe not as the Irish and English have their dislikes for each other, but still... It is a day usually centred around beer!)
The rest of the week was uneventful. Friday ended with Jen and I at the pub and me having another pint of Guinness before walking back home and popping in Pride and Prejudice (great film with Colin Firth - whom I now have an autographed picture of, thanks to Alex).
Saturday was a relaxed day. Although lightly drizzling all day, the air was warm and definitely made it feel like spring (well that and combined with the rising temperatures over the past week). That night, Jen and I went to see Alice in Wonderland in 3D while Krista, Nike, Amy, and Erin went to see Bounty Hunter. We met up at Nandos and had amazing chicken (except Erin, who had a veggie burger, as she's a vegetarian). The rest of the night was relaxing.
I awoke this morning to beautiful sun and I'm hoping warm weather as I'm chancing it by wearing a skirt to church. I hope you all have a great day!
P.S. We are having our 6 month inspection tomorrow so I decided that while the girls were out in Leicester I would do some cleaning. At one point, as I was hoovering, the cord got vacuumed over. When I finally removed the cord, the rubber had be stripped. I had to run to the store and get some electrical tape to fix it...I've never had that happen before!
Update already!
ReplyDelete