Hello All,
It has been crazy busy here. I will give you the "skinny" on my trip thus-far.
Plane/Airport
I stayed busy waiting for the plane in Toronto by playing on my DS and listening to Harry Potter 2 on my iPod. I also chatted with some people - a student and a teacher returning for her second year. On the plane, I ended up sitting beside a girl going to Edinburgh for teacher's college. I "watched" 3 movies: Hannah Montana, 17 Again, and Girlfriends Past...from what I saw, they were good (especially the last). The flight itself wasn't bad, except for the bumpy part almost causing me to hurl...yay!!! We arrived about 20 minutes later than scheduled, and I had to wait for the agent (who was really nice). Oh...and my luggage is damaged (the one carrying my clothes), so when I come back in September, I will have to get another.
Drive/B&B
I met my roomies - who seem really nice. The drive, which was over 1.5 hours, was a blurr...especially since I was so tired. The B&B is lovely: Ron and Sylvia are great (but it's like having another set of parents here who give us curfews). I took a nap for about an hour, then I met the other girls as we went out for a drink and dinner at a pub. The other two seem nice, but I definitely mesh well with my roomies a bit more.
Housing
We met with our agent today (Wednesday) who took us all around places. The other two girls lucked out with an amazing furnished apartment. We looked at about 6 properties, finally deciding upon the best of all of them, seen at http://www.belvoirlettings.com/Kettering/32610#. Now, we are on the hunt for cheap furniture. BTW, the one washroom we have is located at the back of the kitchen downstairs...apparently this is what happens in older homes when they are renovated (as this house was built in the 1700s).
Extras
1) Do you know how many teenage boys it takes to fill a phone booth? Apparently 6 (poor Krista was making a phone call and the booth attached to hers had some kids mucking about, where they poured themselves into the space, looking like a filled clown car).
2) Trying to figure out phones here...as Skype was not it seemed to be...but still wondering (if you all have Skype, this would be the cheapest option for me).
3) A wellie is a pair of rain boots. (Named after the Duke of Wellington who hated walking in the muck and created a pair)
4) Poundland is the UK version of Dollarama...it will be my friend :)
Stay tuned for more details!!!!
I have Skype! Haven't seen you on yet.. :S
ReplyDelete