This past couple of days, I have noticed some things that appear to be simple truths you just need to accept here.
1) Students are going to be pains in the butt no matter how old they are (my year 7s included) or where they are (Carolin's been keeping me updated).
2) The Christmas show at our school was nothing more than a "talent" show (and I use that term loosely). You would think that the theme of the pageant would be Christmas...well, you are WRONG!!! (and don't let the Santa hats fool you). There was a play about drugs, "dance" performances, back-to-back performances of the SAME individuals, poor visibility as they didn't have the performances on a raised platform (let alone a stage), and very few people showed up for the actual performance (where's the school spirit...and I don't mean the drink). The only saving grace was seeing "Big John" in a dress with a wig for a Pantomime play and then started a conga line.
3) You can't be accepted into a clinic if you display flu symptoms, but have to leave and call a number (I have yet to call).
4) They have another meaning for "squash". No, it's not a vegetable or a game you play with a racket. Instead, it is what they call fruit drinks (you know, drinks that aren't 100% fruit juice - like Minute Maid). When I asked others why it's called "squash", they looked at me like I had a third eye and responded, "that's just what you call it, because that's what it is". Ya...
No comments:
Post a Comment