Hello all,
After my posting last night, the girls (Nike, Krista, Mel) and I decided to go watch a film at the cinema: "Date Night" with Steve Carell and Tina Fey (along with Mark Walhberg...yummy!). I have to say, it wasn't my first choice, but I didn't want to stay at home by myself after completing my first week back at school. I am definitely glad I went. The movie was funny (at least for me, as I hadn't watched many trailers on it), especially with the bloopers at the end of it. And, who can resist Marky Mark??? (an added bonus to the movie). If you want a cute movie that doesn't require much thought but includes a good laugh, you need to see it! (My favourite scene involves the "robot")
Oh, and as an addition to our movie night, as we were leaving for the cinema, the house a couple doors down from us had a visit from the local police authority, doing a raid for drugs. (I forgot to mention in my last post that early on in the week, Nike had seen three of our students at the beginning of lane rolling something; the next day, they offered to have her smoke a joint with them as she was heading home from her run. This has been reported to the school, but the person she spoke to first said that there is nothing we can do as it is outside school property and out of school hours. The person I spoke to is having Nike write a report that will go to the police community officer assigned to our school...which do you think was the better choice?)
No comments:
Post a Comment