Well, there isn't really much that I can write about here, but I will do my best to make it semi-exciting.
Yesterday was an interesting day in that I felt guilty for doing absolutely nothing. Okay...so it wasn't "nothing", but it's not like I was doing any prep work or school work. Instead, I spent my morning just chilling - no wait! I began my morning with my regular routine (shower, etc...) after waking up relatively late (9:30...oh my!), then came downstairs and saw that Nike was in a window cleaning fix again. So, I helped her steady the stool and tell her where she missed a spot (something other people might find annoying, but in Nike's case, she appreciated it). The reason: her target was to get rid of the cloudy look of the top window above our front door which also had a hand print, somehow, on it which is reminiscent of the hand print on the window during that steamy car scene in "Titanic". Anyhoo, after much elbow grease, it has since been removed. This, however, encouraged here to clean the last couple of windows which were bothering her in the kitchen. To speed up the process, she cleaned the inside windows while I cleaned the outside. The importance of cleaning these particular windows (looking into our backyard) will soon be revealed.
After breakfast and some computer time, Nike continued where her and Krista had left off on Friday in the backyard, pulling those weeds and other plant life that mom and I had given up on earlier in the week. The encouraging factor in all this was the beautiful sunshine and the amazing weather. When she was about half-way done, Krista and I went to town to get some new flowers to plant and some compost. When we returned, Nike was entertaining Mel, who came by to do cellphone shopping with me. We left them to work, and went into town. When we returned, with a perfect pizza in hand, it was decided that more compost would be needed, and a new watering container. Off we went to complete the purchases, and back again...this time I helped out a bit. Our garden is really coming along!
The evening was spent with Krista and I chilling in front of the TV watching a couple TV shows and a movie, "The Secret Life of Bees" (which was amazing, by the way). I hate to admit this, but we were also cross-stitching at the time (yes, it sounds very grandma-esk). Nike, on the other hand, went out on a date and we can't wait to hear the details Sunday morning, when she returns.
No comments:
Post a Comment