Tuesday, 18 May 2010

Happy 100th Entry!!!

Hello All,

I hadn't realized there was such a gap between the last time I wrote and this entry. I think part of the reason why I didn't write is because, according to the counter that appears every time I log in, I knew this was the 100th post. At the back of my mind, I felt like it had to be something spectacular, funny, riveting, or maybe even a posting of highlights from my adventures since I've been here. But, then again, this is just a silly blog used to keep me in touch with all of you back home who read this - if you don't get bogged down by all my writing/rambling ;)

Anyway, rather than run from this centennial event any more, I thought I'd just fill you in on the happenings that are my life.

I am currently sick - suffering from a cold that I swear I've been fighting for at least a month...and I think I can say I'm losing the battle at the moment. However, as I am fighting it, it has also taken away my motivation do any work for my courses (yes, it sounds like an excuse), and has put a kink in my plans to go out every other weekend to places I haven't seen but would like to see.

Add to this, new drama from school: And, yes, Jen is the main star. There is some question about planning and delivery of lessons that all feel they need to come to me to help resolve...but I'm just a teacher like everyone else and I don't know what they want me to do. I've been forced to approach Martin about it, and I've tried to do so professionally, but I still feel like I'm tattling on people (not a nice feeling).

Add to this the fact that prospects are NOT looking well back home with job positions...not even Beaverton seems promising at the moment. (Maybe I should have applied for that job in Scotland after all).

This with the students being crazy as the school year feels like it's nearing some conclusion (exams approaching, weather finally starting to get better, hormones raging, etc...), it's been a rough couple of weeks. I swear I had stories to add, but my mind draws a blank as all I wish to do is head to bed for some rest - and probably will do shortly.

Anyway, I hope all are well back home. I can't wait until Katie comes in a couple weeks - as we will head to Scotland for about 5 days. Something definitely to look forward to :)

No comments:

Post a Comment