Well, I've been really busy over the past couple of weeks. Went into London on the 10th with all the Canadian Maths teachers. We went to see Sister Act (not really like the movie...but a play in it's own right). That Sunday, I went into Corby (the town next to Kettering) to see Rockingham Castle. Last weekend, I returned to London on the Saturday with Gill and Laura to spend the day and to watch "Avenue Q" (sesame street for adults). Then last Sunday, I went to Kent to visit Leeds Castle.
This week, there was a LOT of wrapping up to do. I told my students I wouldn't be returning next school year (there were a lot of "why nots" I really felt I couldn't answer). We had a few parent interview nights, and then the wrapping up parties. As a department, we went out on Thursday to a restaurant called "Frankie and Benny's" and eventually made our way to the Earl pub in Kettering. [I ended up being the girl who stayed to the end...3 pints later...]
Yesterday was a very emotional day. I had a student arrive early with flowers (lilies) to give me and thank me for all that I'd done. (He would eventually come back at the end of the day, teary eyed, and wished me all the best). I also had other cards and gifts along the way. We had a department celebration and good-bye at the end of the day. Big John said a big thank you to us (and the tough exterior broke). Poor Krista was not well, going home half-way through the day, so she missed this.
The evening was spent getting laundry done, some packing (my "hockey bag" can fit a body in it!), and just relaxing. Early to bed though as I have another busy weekend. I am off to Wales for the weekend. When I return, Nike will be here, but Krista is going to be flying to Canada on Monday...so this is our last few hours together... I really am sad about that - I just wish they'd actually come and sit down together for the next hour before I go.
See you all soon! Cheers!
Can't wait to see you back on Canadian turf.
ReplyDeleteDeb