Saturday, 3 July 2010

I've Been a Bad Girl

I decided that hey, if I was in Canada, I wouldn't have to work on Canada Day...so why should I work more than I have to in England on Canada Day. So...I decided to skive half my day. That being said, I need to clarify that I only teach one lesson on a Thursday now that my year 8s have been given to Lorraine...so I came in, taught my one class for lesson 2, had lunch, then slipped away (with permission of my head of department). From there, I came home, got changed, took out the recycling, then left a note to my roomies saying I had gone into London.

Why London, you may ask? Well, it turns out they have Canada Day celebrations in Trafalgar Square on Canada Day: complete with poutine, Canadian Trivia, a ball hockey game in the centre of the square, and Sleeman's beer or Tim Horton's...which ever you prefer. That being said, I couldn't find the Tim Horton's distributor (but I did see the cups floating in the fountain :( ); I don't drink Sleeman's; and the poutine left much to be desired. I did enjoy watching some of the ball hockey and seeing the Canadian quiz; hearing the accents of people who were there from Calgary, Edmonton, and other places of Canada was also exciting.

From there, I thought I'd enjoy the sunny day - heading for a bit of walk then going to Harrod's to get some things. When I got there, I found that the whole store had their old stock on sale - some for 50% off. Needless to say, I picked up a few trinkets here and there.

I came home later that evening, feeling just a little bit bad, but knowing I had enjoyed my day (even if I missed cherry picking with my friends back home).

Cheers! And hope you all had a great Canada Day!

1 comment:

  1. Hey you didn't tell me this. When you get back I'll treat you to Timmy's and a poutine. Isn't Canada great?!

    ReplyDelete