Happy Month-before-Christmas everyone!!! This weekend was very productive when it came to getting Christmas cards written, Christmas shopping/wrapping done, and just feeling like me again. It began on Saturday when I we went to see a movie at the cinema - 2012 (man I love John Cusack)...it felt like I was back in Scarborough watching a movie with my friends. We came back home and ordered pizza - Mel's request for her birthday. The girls went to Market Harborough to go clubbing, and I stayed home chatting with friends and writing Christmas cards.
Sunday, I went to church then picked up on the Sunday tradition that I would have back home...I went for a good breakfast at a local cafe (where coffee is REAL coffee). Then, I went clothing shopping for me. Being very productive, I came back home and wrapped all my gifts - making note of any others I might still have to buy. The funny thing is, my suitcase is already full...yikes!!!! I then relaxed for the rest of the day...it was good.
Last night, after work, the girls and I rushed back to get things tidied up...the ladies from the church "welcoming committee" came over. Anne and Stacey were fabulous. What I found funny was that they were both involved with schools: Anne is a TA and Stacey is a Maths teacher at another secondary school in the area (I wonder if Canon John did that on purpose...hmmm). We had a great conversation over tea and biscuits, and Stacey asked if I'd be interested in helping out with the parish youth group. I was thinking about it later and realized I might even be able to work out something to go towards my Thesis...I might not have to put my Masters on hold after all!!!! Oh well, time will tell.
Today, I had a relatively good day - except for the fact that I accidentally let out my year 11s 10 minutes early from period 2...oh well. The rest of my afternoon was free because period 3 I have a spare and period 4 was removed because my year 10s were in a special presentation...so I had no one to teach. I got marking done and will now have a chance to relax a bit tonight. I think I'm making it an early night.
G'night all!
No comments:
Post a Comment