Tuesday, 6 July 2010

How many days???

I don't really have much to say... but I thought I'd post anyway.

I am really beginning to do a countdown now...but I'm also starting to stress about having enough space to take all my stuff back home. I might just have to bring a third suitcase...although how I'm going to transport all that...I have NO idea.

At school, I had an incident yesterday that began when I sent a student out in the hall (first for not listening about putting away a frozen juice bottle, then for swearing at me when asked to put it away, then for walking away from the door without being spoken to, ...). When I finally had the chance to talk to him, I told him I didn't appreciate his disruptive behaviour, but he swears that he says he didn't do it. His response: he went into my room - before we could really talk about why he was out - grabbed his bag, then went towards the door and he kicked a huge dent into my metal bin. Not stopping there, he picked it up and slammed it on the ground, causing the metal rim to come off. He then walked away from lesson and didn't return for the rest of it. I'm still wondering what the repercussions will be. Meanwhile, my bin is still not replaced, and my students are wondering what I said to him to cause him to react that way...and I'm at my wit's end trying to figure out what set him off.


What's "Fly Tipping"?

Posing this question to you is my way of bringing up an "interesting story" (as the bin incident isn't enough). Krista brought to my attention an article in our local town newsletter talking about "anti-social behaviour" and we saw a paragraph talking about cracking down on "fly tipping". Maybe this is my North American influence, but when I read that, I was trying to picture how one might tip over a fly - much like they do with cow-tipping. To say the least, I was cracking up at the image (you know you had it too). We looked it up and apparently "fly tipping" is not as interesting as we thought. It is when people through out items on the "fly", like when you put out your furniture in front of your house or dumping it in places where it should not be dumped. Again we are stuck at what makes it classified as "anti-social" behaviour...but still...I thought it should be mentioned.

Tah!

1 comment: