For many of you, you may have already been doing a countdown until I arrive home. This could be in the form of the number of Skype conversations or by the number of weekends, or the number of school breaks. Either way, I have been TRYING to avoid doing a countdown...especially since if I was teaching in Canada, I would only have 5 teaching days + 1 PA Day left. Well, that said, it has become inevitable...as people are now telling ME their countdown until my return. So, let me OFFICIALLY say that I have 6 weeks (today) until I will be on a flight back home.
I have been thinking these past couple of weeks about the things I will miss when I leave KSA. The strangeness of the students and their quirks (swearing and all) is - oddly - something I will miss....although I'm sure not for long. Still, there will always be their funny stories and those comments that helped all of us here get through the day (e.g. when Matthew said he'd rather eat his "man's vegetables" rather than do the work that Nike had told him to do). Still...I have five weeks to survive through with my students and then one week to get everything wrapped here.
The countdown truly begins...
Skype conversations? We never had any Skype conversations!
ReplyDelete