Well, this is day two back at school, and I have to say that out of all my returns from breaks, this hasn't been that horrible (maybe it has something to do with the fact that we all know we have another 7 weeks of school...then we are done). That being said, things didn't completely go without a hitch.
I had a FULL day yesterday (with teaching all 4 lessons, PLUS having to cover a Tutor Group at the time I normally have a break). My last lesson consisted of two students outside my door interrupting my lesson and distracting my students. After 50 minutes of this (there is no way of communicating to the office, and no PSO's had been by in this time which I find unbelievable), I finally told the students to come inside and sit quietly, giving them some work to do. I then sent a student to get some help from a PSO (who still wasn't in the office). Eventually, the teacher who was supposed to have them came by my room - 10 minutes left to the day and the lesson - and had a discussion in front of my class with him - again causing a lack of learning - and eventually turned on me and semi-reprimanded me for having the student in my class. Then, when he told the student to come with him, the student refused and he still ended up spending the rest of his day in my lesson. I ended my day, after a quick tutorial with a student, responding to an e-mail from this teacher continuing to reprimand me for my choice and me telling him that if he wishes to communicate his thoughts to me, I'd prefer it using the electronic method...not in front of my students. [What is with this unprofessionalism here?] Also, I summarized my side of the story (as I was never asked why I had decided to do what I did). Grr!!!
Anyway, today I didn't really have the year 11s as they were sitting an English exam lesson 1 and then for part of lesson 2, not showing up until they had 40 minutes left and definitely in NO MOOD to work. Why the school doesn't allow them to leave, I have NO idea.
No comments:
Post a Comment