Laura, one of the amazing people I work with at KSA (and who reminds me of my cousin Debbie at times), invited me to go to the "Summer Fair" put on by her daughter's school. Her daughter, Imagyn, is in year 2 and was one of the chosen children to partake in the Maypole Dance. As Laura realized that I miss the little ones I would teach back home, she thought it would be a great experience for me - and her daughter was excited about me coming (especially if it meant me imitating how the English say the word "tomato" - apparently I sound posh).
Anyhoo, we did have a good time (although it was cold) and I quite enjoyed how the classes all came together to participate. There was a BBQ, a jumping castle, and local businesses came by and had stalls where they sold their goods. It was really neat. The teachers also seemed to be enjoying themselves (not griping about the fact that they had to give up one of their Saturdays for this event).
Afterwards, we walked to the Warren where we shared in a pint (well, at least Laura and I did. Her mother-in-law had a couple glasses of wine and Imy had a glass of Coke). After a small meal, we waited for Laura's father-in-law to finishing watching the current football match and pick up everyone - although I walked home. It was a nice day out.
[The day was supposed to include going to a cricket game, but the weather was poorly so I will hopefully get to see another one of Laura's husband's home games in the near future...although it appears that I am having fewer and fewer weekends to do that]
P.S. Happy Father's Day!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment