Okay so maybe I am a little naive (or really naive) as I have never been put in this situation before, but what do you do in this situation??? I just found out that one of the girls brought home a guy from the bar last night and he left around 7:15 this morning - keeping in mind that I was up at around 6 (inexplicably awake, but I did hear someone go upstairs and I assumed it was one of the girls coming up after using the bathroom).
Some of you may be reading this and saying, well, this is the same thing that happens when you share a place in college/university years and therefore have a strategy put into place; but keep in mind that I went to school where I was able to live at home through all 7 years of my post-secondary education. So, for me, I feel extremely awkward. I have to admit I also feel slightly violated as I keep my purse in the dining room along with having my valuables placed elsewhere in the house. The fact that I didn't even hear any of their conversation or ... I also worry about what would happen if something (bad) did happen. [You can take the girl out of Scarborough, but you can't take the Scarborough out of the girl.]
Okay, so maybe I'm blowing things out of proportion, I realize that; and I guess that this would inevitably happen...but maybe I just thought we'd discuss protocol before it did. Hmmm...what to do?
Footnote
Tony (the visitor) is a part Italian who told the girl who brought him home that he had a baby and a girlfriend...after they had spent some time together. The girl eventually asked him to leave and is now not answering any of his 40 text messages.
No comments:
Post a Comment