This weekend seemed to fly right by...but it's not like a lot of stuff actually happened (but then again, isn't that the way with things in life?).
Saturday
I woke up later than "normal" and took my time getting into the swing of things (including sitting down and writing the beginning of my three-part mini series). Interspersed with my bouts of writing, I went grocery shopping, made and ate meals (yay for being able to eat SOLID food again), and had attempts at trying new things. I say "attempt" because we were all supposed to go to a rugby match in Kettering, only to find out that once we got there, it wasn't happening. The only thing we can figure is due to the weather and hence the conditions of the field. We did, however, get a chance to walk in an area I had never been to before AND found some really good slopes for tobogganing...too bad we don't have any sleds :(
Anyhoo, we realized that we WERE already out, might as well make the best of it. So, we made our way to Mel's to find out the times for a movie at the movie plex on the edge of town. (Oh, I just realized that I keep referring to "we", and by that I mean Nike, Krista, Jen, Mel, and myself).
It was a toss up between "Alvin and the Chipmunks Squeakwel" or "Did You Hear About the Morgans" (which eventually won out only because it started earlier). By the way, if given the choice, wait to watch that movie on DVD.
This leads me to a rant, so consider yourself warned. When did it become the NORM to have a preview give away the whole film? I mean, I have been noticing it a lot lately...especially with the "preview" for the film (if you can call it that) New Moon. But then again, I had also read the book so I knew what would be happening anyway. Saturday, however, we were watching one of the 5 movie previews called "Leap Year" which essentially gave the whole movie away. The only thing missing was the ending and the filler - but I'm sure I can wait for the DVD to find out how it ends. Grr! Leave suspense people...AND don't put all the funny bits in the preview. This is the case with the movie we did watch. We used it as an option because the previews made the movie look cute and funny. Instead, all the funny bits were in the preview and the movie was actually dry and boring (where even the actors themselves seemed bored with it). All I want is a GOOD MOVIE...is that too much to ask for?
Okay, back to what I was talking about... After the movie (where I enjoyed a nice Ben and Jerry's milkshake), we made our way back home and soon ordered pizza and watched "Mamma Mia" on TV. Jen and I stayed as the other girls went to the bars, and we soon called it a night.
Sunday
As I made my way to church, I saw our neighbour (George) for the first time since I got back. I went through my routine of going for brunch afterwards - although I was alone this time. I was going to go into town and do some shopping, but I felt that it was too cold and all I really wanted to do was nap. Although I didn't end up doing that, I did get a chance to fix things for my vacation in February.
I had received an e-mail from easyJet earlier in the week saying that my flight to Paris was cancelled but the flight back was still okay. In order to reschedule, free of charge, I would have to sign in again and do so. However, when I tried, the changes could not be made until I provided the site with my Visa - and an additional charge would be added. This irked me, so after searching and searching for some contact information, I found a number to call that would charge me 10p per minute (plus any additional mobile phone charges). This, however, got me nowhere as it told me I'd be on hold for at least 30 minutes. So, I found a way of going on a "live" chat. When I did that, I was 61 in the queue. It took over an hour to finally "chat" with an agent and it got worked out (fingers crossed).
The rest of my evening constituted chatting with people, watching Bones, listening to my roomies try to figure out their own February break plans, or going through Math proofs. Aaahhh...weekend...you go by too quickly.
No comments:
Post a Comment