Tuesday, 19 January 2010

I've Entered the Twilight Zone

I fully admit that I'm probably jinxing myself when I say this but it has to be said...I had a good Tuesday (double lessons) with my year 11s today. It was WEIRD!!!! I even went up to the VP to ask if it was possible to write a POSITIVE referral for my two "trouble" students and ended up making telephone calls home to tell their families that they did well today. Now watch, I'll teach them tomorrow and have a sucky lesson with them...Either way, you can't take this day away from me!


Funny Story

Today I had my high year 10s for period 4 and was going over some test questions to help prepare them for their March exam. (They don't call it "review" they call it "revision")

Anyway, as I was handing out the papers, two of my boy students kept talking instead of getting to work. They then said something to me (I can't remember what), to which I told them to "bugger off" and ended up saying it with a British accent. They laughed then kept asking me to say it throughout the lesson. PLEASE NOTE: As soon as I said it, I apologized and said I heard I shouldn't use that word ("bugger") because it means something different then it does in Canada. It wasn't until half-way through the lesson that someone explained what it meant (basically implying "doing it up the bum" as a student told me). It was then laughed at even more (even as those students I said it to kept repeating it and how I said it). I was very embarrassed...but we all couldn't help but laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment