My goodness, I feel like I’m living at this school…at least that’s how I feel today. The funny thing is, I was so impressed to be home early on Wednesday (we were home before 5…can you believe it? The town was still “functional” and I was able to do a little shopping for something besides groceries).
The reason for the difference between Wednesday and Thursday is this: open house at school. We had parents and potential students coming to KSA to figure out if this is the school for them. We needed to have some sort of “activity” to do with students while parents were listening to a presentation in the hall. For the Maths department, we had students try different games on a site called My Maths. Who doesn’t love computers? We ended up with a good 20 or so students (one of which was in year 1 coming with her older brother, but she was cute as a button). After the presentation in the hall, parents came to collect their kids, and then went around the school to see the different departments and get a good look at the school. It was really not too bad, except we didn’t leave the school until 9:30. John squared gave us a lift home, with a brief stop (1 hour) at the Warren for a drink and recap of the evenings events. It was actually really nice, especially since we went (as a department) to Nandos for puri puri chicken for dinner before the evening events started.
This morning, I REALLY didn’t want to wake up, but here I am…typing a blog entry before I begin my day with those year 10s…all day (pray for me). Hopefully I will update again soon.
Cheers!
No comments:
Post a Comment