Surprise, surprise...I decided to procrastinate from doing some school work and went shopping again. Strangely enough, I purchased 2 new skirts following the “rules” discussed the previous day with Miriam (I felt like a participant on “What Not to Wear”). I also purchased a pair of slippers and some Kleenex...I mean tissue (as people from here would look at you like you’re speaking Greek if you offer them a Kleenex...it’s a tissue...sheesh!). I also decided to purchase another shortcrust pastry sheet to make another pumpkin pie (why not? I had all the ingredients). So, back home, purchases in hand, I got to work on the pie and then worked on some school work.
Mel showed up around 4:30, just as I put the chicken into the oven. Shortly after, our landlord, Andrew, showed up. Trying to stay out of his way, he looked at the washing machine (but obviously didn’t really know what he was doing – and ended up deciding to get a professional to look at it). The next task was for him to look at the carpet upstairs...so I lead the way and helped him a bit before getting back to peeling potatoes and carrots with the help of Krista, Nike, and Mel. As this was happening, there were so many people in the kitchen that we kind of kept bumping into each other. More specifically, Nike kept bumping into my bum. (I will explain later as to why this information is important). It was funny looking at us working on our laptops and notebooks, while Andrew was working away upstairs with his hammer and (eventually) nails...but I guess you had to be here to understand why.
Anyway, after a while, I was back into the kitchen checking on things, when Andrew came down to show me how the heater works (as we haven’t been getting any heat into our rooms and with the temperature dropping, it was starting to be a concern). It was easy enough, so I got back to work. As I turned around to get something, it became my turn to bump into someone...I ended up hitting Andy’s derriere. Boy, was my face red! I apologized, but the girls had no idea. So, after he left, I told them what happened, red face and all. They all laughed but then asked the obvious question: so, how was it? I could only go a couple more shades of red (did I mention we all think that Andy is hot?)
Enough about that...Dinner itself was amazing. We had chicken (complete with BBQ sauce/Ketchup glaze), mashed potatoes, butternut squash, carrots, green beans, and stuffing (which by the way is odd as it is baked then cut...where’s my stove top stuffing when I need it?). We quickly washed dishes, or at least tried to without getting the floor too wet – thank you Nike. We then had a warm drink and a piece of pumpkin pie and/or apple pie (brought to us by Mel). I think the pumpkin pie was delicious and was glad to have some leftovers. Overall, it was a great Thanksgiving meal.
On Monday, I brought the second pumpkin pie with me to work and shared it with those in the maths department. I still had some to bring home to enjoy (and one more piece to have for today...complete with whipped cream). I enjoyed leftovers yesterday for dinner, but the girls didn’t share in on my feasting of the feast – causing me to throw out a bunch of food today (boo, hoo!). Oh well...what can you do?
Hope all of you enjoyed your family gatherings! Cheers!
No comments:
Post a Comment