Wednesday, 30 September 2009

Friday, September 25

I woke up early that day, (still on UK time) and enjoyed a leisurely shower and breakfast made by Mom (did I mention I like being pampered?). Eventually, after a lot of storytelling on my part, the doorbell rang. It was Mark, Catherine’s sister Mary Rose, and Mark’s cousin Sabrina. They, along with my Mom, Dad, and Seb, were in charge of putting together the cookie boxes for the wedding. It was a great assembly line and we were done within 2 hours...after which we enjoyed some lasagne.

Mark and company left to drop off the boxes, and Seb, Dad, and I went to the hospital to visit our Great Aunt Melina. We soon had to leave and make our way to Sylvia’s for our hair appointment. It involved highlights, then rollers in my hair. Just because I left the hair salon looking like my Aunt Millie, it didn’t stop me from going to Scarborough Town Centre. I had a list of items I needed to buy to bring back to England with me along with some items needed for the wedding. Yes, there were more stares walking through the mall than walking through Kettering with my suitcase – but I’m sure it’s because there were more people in one place...LOL. That night, I enjoyed an amazing turkey dinner with all the trimmings (as I knew that I wouldn’t get to celebrate Thanksgiving this October). Yum!!!! It was an early bed time that evening according to Canadian standards, but 9:30 pm translates to 2:30 am UK time.

No comments:

Post a Comment