As per the title, I'm just too tired to do much (going to bed shortly after this post).
Interesting facts:
1) On the way to work, I passed a store that specialized in fireplaces and accessories...but don't worry, you can also get your monuments/epitaphs there as well...sounds fitting, don't you think?
2) I'm sure I've said this before...but be careful crossing the road around a round-about...unless you have death wish. Put it this way, it's similar to when you are first trying to figure out how to jump between the ropes in double dutch...but more dangerous.
3) When I ask students what they know about Canada, they say that we have "moose". Yay! We've upgraded from beavers!
4) They sell a "stew making kit" containing all the veggies you need to make a proper stew (carrots, turnip, potatoes) in a package for about 50p ($1 Canadian)! It's cool...too bad I've never made stew before.
5) The current issue of Morrisons food magazine has loads of recipes (including desserts) for beets (i.e. beet roots)! I'll have to try them (including a chocolate beetroot cake...yum).
6) "Cheers" is a word used here in place of "thank you"...at least, that's what I think it's replacing. Either way, its cool to hear.
7)If you want a really good deal on a home phone line and broadband, go to your local post office. But, don't try to go to the website...it apparently doesn't exist (even if its web address is listed on the brochure).
I'd rather Canada be known to be where you get to see all the beaver you want!
ReplyDeleteDirty.
Cheers!