Hello all,
I was feeling under the weather yesterday, so I didn’t post (obviously). [Was feeling dizzy. Went to bed at 7pm and woke up this morning at 6.] However, that being said, nothing much really happened. The students (and staff) had picture day yesterday...which went a lot faster than I thought it would. We also had a lot of meetings (before and after school). After work, I made my way to the police department to tell them about the incident Saturday night (convinced to do so by some coworkers). By the way, the number to call for the police or ambulance is 999 (didn’t know that before yesterday).
Today, I had to kick out three boys from my year 11 class, the girls in year 11 had to get a vaccine (for HPV) – causing one of the girls to faint and be carried out of school via a stretcher and then ambulance. Yep...exciting stuff! Then, after school and “enrichment”, I came home to make dinner then mark my student’s books for year 11. I am just going to post this before I then have to finish planning for tomorrow and get my answers posted for my Ottawa course. WAIT!!!! The girl fainting in school today WAS the most exciting thing that’s happened in the past two days...how sad am I?
Okay, all...hope all is well. (I am doing a countdown to home time). I still don’t know what’s happening for Monday, but I WILL have to get all my planning put together before I leave...just in case.
Interesting Facts:
1) It is very difficult to find British TV in Britain...the airwaves are full of American TV shows (which could explain why students ask if we are American).
2) I had a student ask me today if I was Australian. Funny, I wasn’t offended at all (I prefer that assumption to American).
3) The Brits really have no concept of HOW BIG Canada is...that you can’t really walk from Toronto to Vancouver...not in a short period of time anyway.
4) It is funny for us to see “polite notices” everywhere (e.g. “Polite Notice: Please do not park in front of gate”).
5) We were discussing how dirty things are here: trash, doggie doo-doo, gum... It’s not that there’s a lot all in one place or in large quantities, but it’s just...well...everywhere.
No comments:
Post a Comment