Monday, 14 September 2009

Monday, Monday...

Hmm...What to report today??? I received many text messages, calls, and facebook messages...it was very sweet. Thank you to all of you for your well wishes, it has helped me get through the day. Beyond that, I wish I could say my day has been exciting...but alas, the honeymoon stage must be over. My classes went by very quickly (surprisingly enough). I have to say that I felt less rushed by having the form tutor removed from my schedule. What was funny, though, was that one of my students from that group (who I also have in the dreaded year 11 class tomorrow) came by my room afterward and asked me why I wasn’t there and that he missed me. Strange...

We had a late night at school (with our department meetings and such), that when I got home, I spent some time making dinner...then getting straight to planning. I guess there is no rest for the wicked...even on their birthday. I am also currently taking a break from getting started on my MRE course (an online debate on the statement “modern culture is a challenge to faith”...any thoughts?).

Interesting facts:
Unfortunately, there aren’t many today. I will try to find more interesting things next time.

1) There is a building called Harry Potter House in town that has been around for some time. No, it isn’t a place where they practice witchcraft and wizardry...at least, not that I can tell. It is an old age home.

2) The mail slots at school where we are to find messages and information for staff are called “pigeon holes”.

3) There are weird signs in town, like “Humps for ½ mile”, and “please don’t urinate on the premises”. One day, my roomies and I will be going around town with our cameras to take pictures of these funny signs and I will make a scrapbook of them.

4) I find that a lot of places drown their food/desserts in sauces, gravies, and puddings. Is that supposed to help add more taste? If so...it’s not working.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment