No worries...I will make this posting brief (mostly because I really don't have much to report). I forgot to mention that on Monday, we had another Canadian teacher arrive to teach in the Science department (up on the top floor of the "gods" section of the school). His name is Chris and will be sharing a place with Melanie. He came from Scarborough and actually went to Scarborough campus...now at least I can tell all my Scarborough jokes and someone will understand. (Okay, I don't have any, but if I did, he'd at least get them...LOL).
The day went by well, even if I ended up with 3 learning catch-ups at the end of the day (two from Monday, and one from today). Funny enough, I had an additional student come into my room. I asked why he was there, and he said it was for "learning catch-up". I asked him, "with me? You didn't do anything wrong in class". He had to explain to me that he was ACTUALLY there for HELP in maths (as he had been away some time earlier last week). I was so shocked, that I swear my jaw hit the floor, but then I was quickly helping him out with the problems he was having. Who knew???
We came home tonight and quickly tested to make sure that the Internet was working (hence all the postings today...sorry), and thankfully it went without a hitch...at least for 2 out of the 3 of us. We will have to see why only 2 of us can get hooked onto the wireless and why the third person needs to be connected to the modem. I will be spending the rest of my evening cutting out shapes for a class and vegging (I am fading again).
Hope all is well back home. I will continue to be on the look for "interesting facts" and include them when I can.
P.S. I received a phone call from Mom last night. My Zia Melina passed away yesterday. She will be greatly missed...especially as she as last surviving sibling of my grandfather's.
No comments:
Post a Comment