Wednesday, 30 September 2009

Tuesday, September 29

WARNING!!! WARNING!!!

Let me begin by saying that I am sorry for not updating this blog more regularly the past week...with a combination of coming home for Catherine and Mark’s wedding and getting myself back into the swing of things (including catching up on sleep), add with it internet issues, it’s been CRAZY!!! So, what I’ve done is including different headings for different parts of my entries. The benefit is that because I am trying to remember all the days I haven’t had a chance to comment on, I will be condensing the stories (I hope). Enjoy!!! (That is, while you drink a cup of tea).

* * * * * * * * * * *

I survived the day again. There really isn’t too much to say. I have come to accept the idea that my year 11’s will be a challenge – now it’s trying to face them head on. We will see what happens tomorrow. My year 10s were becoming very chatty and my throat is beginning to hurt as I’ve strained my voice a few times in the past couple of days. Oh, we also have quite a few cases of H1N1 (a.k.a. Swine Flu) within the school – at least one of which is one of my students. With my lack of sleep the past week, I am really hoping that my immune system isn’t too compromised. Sleep has to be my friend. That being said, it is 10:45 pm here as I type this, even if I don’t post this until I get internet starting tomorrow...hopefully. I am heading to bed.

Cheers!!! Thanks for reading.

P.S. One of the maths teachers hired from the UK was fired today in the middle of teaching his lesson. They are planning to replace him with another Canadian. So, as many students have asked me today: “Why are there so many Canadians in the school?”, my answer of, “Because we are planning on taking over” might actually be true ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment