Wednesday, 30 September 2009

Saturday, September 26

Wedding day!!!! Seb, Mom and I went to the salon for 8:00 am and got back home around 10:30 (after a quick surprise visit by Debbie, Wayne and Sharon who happened to be at Katherine’s – a local family restaurant they frequent for breakfast on weekends – which is beside my hair salon...THANKS for stopping by! I miss you guys so much!). We then went home, quickly got ready then made our way downtown for the ceremony.

The ceremony was to begin at 1pm and had it started on time, I would have been too late to see Catherine walk down the aisle. There were traffic jams on the DVP and issues with parking. When we ran to the church after parking, I saw Cat’s dad waiting our front, then I got to see the beautiful bride...and BOY did she sparkle! I was just so happy we didn’t miss her! The ceremony began around 1:30, and went off without a hitch. It was beautiful and it was great to finally see my two best friends tie the knot (I love you guys!!!).

After the ceremony and some pictures, John and I made our way to my car so that we could go to the hall to make sure all was in order before the guests arrived. However, we met Dad at the elevator and he informed us that my car had a flat tire! Picture this: my dad on his knees in a parking garage (luckily on a piece of cardboard box I happened to have in my trunk which held a poster I bought for my grade 1 class and never got around to putting in the basement...sometimes it pays to be disorganized), changing a tire. With a dummy tire on my car which states I shouldn’t go any faster than 80 km/h, I made my way to the hall with John.

We waited outside the hall (as the door was locked) then made our way inside so that I could change. [BTW, I DID learn something about that I could apply from England...how to tie a tie from my students. I was then able to help John with his for the reception...yay!] Soon, the rest of the wedding party arrived along with the guests. The reception was amazing (with great food and music). I enjoyed listening to the speeches and talking with my high school friends I haven’t seen in years. I especially enjoyed getting to dance (even if it meant I needed to drink 2 cups of espresso to keep me awake for the whole night). I really hated to have to say good-bye, but left around midnight. After dropping off John, I made my way home (thankfully mom was in the car to keep me awake) and, after removing my extensions, I went to bed for a couple of hours, knowing my suitcase was already packed and ready for the “morning”.

No comments:

Post a Comment