Wednesday, 30 September 2009

Sunday, September 27

With a quick shower and then good-bye to my sisters, Mom, Dad and I made our way to the airport. I had to get a peppermint tea to settle my stomach (2 espressos may have kept me awake for the wedding reception, but they played havoc on my stomach – making me very nauseous). I soon said good-bye to my parents as quick as I could, and made my way through to security. I am sure that my parents thought I was being cold, but I just didn’t want to tear up in front of them. Little do they know that I actually cried the whole way to the gate (unable to have the control I might normally have because of being so tired).

The flight went by well (only enough time for 3 movies as our flight was 40 minutes early arriving in London). This time I will mention the movies I “watched”. I began with “My Sister’s Keeper” which caused me to cry throughout the whole movie. This was strategically done so that I would feel more emotionally drained so that I could sleep. [By the way, if you haven’t seen the movie, you REALLY should – even if they changed the ending from the original book.] The next movie I “watched” was “The Inspector General,” with Danny Kaye. I have to admit, though, that I slept through most of this 2 hour movie. The last movie I watched was, fittingly, Harry Potter: The Order of the Phoenix. Funny thing is, while watching this, I found that it showed how to get through the gates at the train station with the ticket – as I had problems getting through last Thursday. (Note to self: watch all Harry Potter movies before doing ANYTHING in England).

I made my way through customs just after 9. My next task was to find my taxi. Luckily, I found my driver within 15 minutes (which I felt was record time). Sean was amazing and got my home by 11:30pm. Along the way, we had conversations about places to visit while here in England, as well as places that would be close by to visit over the weekends. Even if I was awake the 2 hour drive, I did enjoy myself and would definitely use that taxi company again! (Thank you Alexander Cabs). Needless to say, I went to bed as soon as I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment