Friday, 4 September 2009

Move Over Jaime Oliver!

Well, what can I say about today??? I got to school and felt much better about it by the end of it. The lovely thing about this school is that they have everything planned out for you to teach...you just have to teach it (who knew????) I’ve also found that the department we have together right now is very supportive – especially the two John’s (the ex-head of the math department and an ex-pilot for the British Army and part-time rugby coach). My class is “set” and now I will have to just do some simple planning this weekend – or at least review what I’m supposed to be doing with my students...yay! Things didn’t get sorted with my teaching schedule, except now I know that the reason I’m teaching more is because I’m an “experienced” teacher (even if I AM knew to the system). If I had known that, though, I would have asked for more pay...put I digress.

One thing I have to say about living here is that I’ve had the opportunity to do a lot of my cooking. Last night, I made a meal for the three of us. Tonight, I was able to make another great meal of chicken (it was on sale...hence the 2 nights in a row – three if you include my leftovers for tomorrow), mushrooms, and rice (thank you Katie for the inspiration, LOL). I will also be having a salad shortly...I’ve been craving one all day. Although one of my prior postings mentions the endorsement for Sainsbury’s by Jaime Oliver, all my fine food came from Morrison’s (it’s a bit cheaper). It’s been great cooking to my heart’s content, although I am very aware that this feeling is just the “honeymoon” period. Soon enough, I will probably be too tired to want to cook every night. But, then again, you never know. Now that I don’t have my sewing machine, it is the one thing that relaxes me...especially since my roomies seem to shy away from the kitchen when I’m there. I don’t want to make it appear like I’m anti-social, but as all of you know who really know me, I like my “me” time. (And I have a lot of “me” time to catch up with.)

Strangely enough, I am feeling a little low on the “interesting fact” portion...but this is what I have:


Interesting Facts:

1) Even though I’ve been hanging my clothes to dry for about 24 hours, they’re still not dry...grrr!!!

2) When purchasing flour at the supermarket, I was surprised by the variety of types...and I don’t mean brands. For example, there is “plain white”, “dark brown”, “really dark brown”, “wheat grain” (I think that’s what it’s called), and “corn flour”

3) At the school, they refer to the English, Math, and Science departments as “the gods”

4) The doors here seem to lock from the inside and out with a key – really annoying (which reminds me, I need to go lock our front door right now)

No comments:

Post a Comment