Wednesday, 30 September 2009
Wednesday, September 23
I can’t remember much of my day (besides counting down the time before take-off) except for one incident that occurred in period 3 with my lovely year 11s. I was in the middle of teaching a chapter on reading graphs and working with a couple of students individually. Suddenly, there was a thud by my head. I didn’t see what was thrown, but I did see crumbs by my hand, to realize that a cookie (i.e. biscuit) was launched across the room and it nearly hit me in the head. I yelled at the class and said that I needed to know who did it – that the guilty party was to own up to it or someone who knew who threw it had to fess up – within 5 minutes or the WHOLE class would be in for a 15 minutes catch-up period. Needless to say, no one said a thing...until I pulled out a student for some annoying behaviour, then pulled a second student for the same thing and when I asked him why I had pulled him out, he admitted to his role in the incident. Great! That tacked on 15 minutes onto the already owning 15 minutes he earned the day before. Thing was, he didn’t show up – so when I went to the PSO’s about it, they said it was my problem and because he already had 30 minutes with me, I couldn’t tack on the normal 15 minute penalty for not showing up and had to reschedule his catch up time myself. Glad they support students who almost hit a teacher in the classroom. I came home that night glad to be going home to Canada, even if it meant endless hours of planning for the rest of the week and for the next week (as I knew I’d be too tired when I got back).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment